Flexiglass commenced in Western Australia in 1949 when HARRY ROBINS saw the first Holden car and identified the need for a station wagon.
Harry created his first canopy using a steam bent timber frame and sheet metal panels. It was an outstanding success and he was soon making a range of designs from aluminium sheeting with side sliding windows. This innovative canopy featured laminated glass and an interior dome light.
This was just the beginning for Harry. In 1956 he designed the first ever fibreglass canopy. This canopy was years ahead of its time and featured many similarities to today's canopies. In 1959 Harry diversified into the fibreglass boat building business and together with his two sons created the foundations of today's Flexiglass.
Together they designed and perfected a new system of fibreglass that they called "FLEXIGLASS". Unlike the ridged canopies of the time, it was extremely lightweight and flexible. Throughout the 1970's Flexiglass continued to grow and branches were opened in South Australia and Victoria. Demand rapidly grew around the country and New South Wales and Queensland branches soon followed.
1989, "Flexiglass" and "Challenge Canopies" merged to form "Flexiglass Challenge" - the largest canopy manufacturer in Australia.
2002, Flexiglass Challenge was acquired outright by Fleetwood Corporation, an ASX 200 Listed Company.
2018, Flexiglass Challenge was acquired outright by Aeroklas Australia -
A global leader in automotive accessories.