Flexiglass products warranty
1. For the purpose of this warranty policy, the following definitions apply:
a. Flexiglass means Flexiglass Challenge Pty Ltd (ABN 11 009 267 467) of 17 Johnstone Road, Brendale Queensland 4500, together with any related entities that sell Flexiglass Product of which this warranty is given by;
b. Flexiglass Product means a product that Flexiglass manufactures or supplies;
c. Flexiglass Store is a Corporate or Distributor Store which has been authorised by Flexiglass to sell and/or fit Flexiglass Products;
d. Non-branded Product means product offered for sale by a Flexiglass Store that is not branded Flexiglass;
e. Product Information means information about the Flexiglass Product which may be contained in: documents provided with the Flexiglass Product i.e. fitting/installation instructions, application guide, owner’s manual, operating/safety guidelines, labels attached to a product, manufacturers manual or maintenance guidelines.
f. Warranty Period is the period that this warranty applies against defects for a Flexiglass Product, that is set out in paragraph 2;
2. Flexiglass warrants your Flexiglass Product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years or 40,000km (whichever comes first) from the date of purchase, unless:
a. the Flexiglass Product is used for commercial use in which case the Warranty Period is the lesser of 1 year 20,000km from the date of purchase.
b. Canopy glass is not covered by this warranty
3. It is a condition of the warranty and to be entitled to a warranty claim, that the customer:
a. has the Flexiglass Product correctly installed by a fitter authorised by Flexiglass, or an Flexiglass Store in accordance with the Product Information;
b. makes a claim within the Warranty Period;
c. provides proof of purchase of the Flexiglass Product;
d. has complied with the warranty maintenance requirements set out in this warranty.
4. This Warranty will no longer apply where:
a. the Flexiglass Product is outside of the Warranty Period;
b. Flexiglass considers (acting reasonably) there has been damage to the Flexiglass Product as a result of either an accident or has been damaged by a third-party product.
c. the Flexiglass Product has been misused and unusual, improper or negligent use of the product has occurred;
d. the Flexiglass Product has been incorrectly installed;
e. the Flexiglass Product has been modified or adapted in any way without Flexiglass’ express written permission or authority;
f. the Flexiglass Product has been loaded with weight in excess of the product information;
g. there have been alterations to the vehicle from the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications, instructions or manual;
h. the Flexiglass Product has been used for racing or competition use.
i. the Flexiglass Product Information has not been followed.
5. The procedure for making a Warranty Claim is:
a. return the product you consider to be defective to the Flexiglass Store that it was purchased from for inspection;
b. alternatively, go to your nearest Flexiglass Store (details can be found at www.flexiglass.com.au or contact Flexiglass Customer Service on 07 3865 9999 or email Flexiglass at email@example.com);
c. ensure that you bring your proof of purchase for the Flexiglass Product to the Flexiglass Store;
d. the Flexiglass Product will be reviewed, and you will be advised if the conditions of this warranty have been met.
6. Flexiglass will not be liable to you or any third party in respect of any claim for injury, death, loss or damage to any person or property caused or arising out of the use of products sold by us, except to the extent that liability is imposed upon us by any statutory provisions that cannot be excluded.
7. Whilst Flexiglass ensures all our products comply with relevant mandatory product safety standards, it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to ensure its purchased product is suitable for use under the relevant law and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.
8. When a customer’s warranty claim is accepted for defects in material or workmanship, Flexiglass (at its own discretion) will provide a refund, repair or replacement.
9. Any expenses incurred in making or pursuing a claim under the warranty (including the costs of delivering the product considered to be defective to Flexiglass) is at the customer’s own expense.
10. All Non- branded Products offered for sale by an Flexiglass Store and not expressively referenced in the warranty table do not carry an Flexiglass warranty however, the product may be covered by that supplier’s warranty.
11. For claims under warranty for products purchased outside of Australia, Flexiglass will comply with any statutory provisions that cannot be excluded by agreement, in the country of purchase.
Warranty maintenance requirements
- If you have gone on an adventure, you must rinse all areas and remove any sand, mud or debris in and around areas of the Flexiglass Product that can catch this type of matter.
- If you have gone to the beach in your vehicle, you must be sure to rinse all saltwater and sand off the Flexiglass Product to improve its longevity and life. Please be very thorough with fresh water and a sponge.
LOVE, CARE AND ATTENTION
- If you are planning to drive in a salty environment, you must ensure that you spray all fasteners with a Lanolin or WD40 protectant for longevity.
- If you spot a deep scratch in your Flexiglass Product, you must touch up with paint to help prevent rust and inhibit corrosion.
- You must wash & dry the Flexiglass Product regularly using normal car wash to maintain appearance.
MODIFYING YOUR VEHICLE
- Any modifications to your vehicle involve some risk. Whilst all care has been taken to test all driver aids so they will work as the vehicle manufacturer intended, it is important that you are aware that not all circumstances can be tested, some of these may need to be re-calibrated after fitment by the dealer and may void certain aspects of your warranty if not checked! As the owner of your vehicle, the driver remains responsible for the vehicle when driving.
- You must always check and re-tighten any components in the Flexiglass Product after your first adventure and be sure to take responsibility of your pride and joy along with your purchase of an Flexiglass Product.
- After loading your roof rack, you must ensure that all bolts, mounting points and additional accessories are secure.
- You must ensure that you complete a weekly check that all bolts, mounting points and additional accessories are secure, especially when going off road.
- You must ensure to regularly check all nuts, bolts and mounting points for tension on your Flexiglass Product to make sure that they are secure, especially after a large off-road trip or regular use on civil, mining and construction sites.
Australian consumer law
• This Flexiglass warranty is in addition to any rights which you may have under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) which cannot be excluded by agreement.
• Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Policy No. P-190-1-04
Revision 1 / 18.05.20
Flexiglass Challenge Pty Ltd
17 Johnstone Road,
Brendale Qld 4500
Telephone (07) 3865 9999
Facsimile (07) 3865 3677